WHAT IS TAHILAN?
Tahilan is a Tagalog word that refers to the beam used in building a house, and also that which supports a bridge.
Tahilan Residence and Study Center envisions the holistic development of future women leaders of society by providing a program of activities and a proper atmosphere that fosters in each one the true value of university life and the development of an authentic Christian character.
As a Residence, Tahilan provides commendable accommodations and other services that include laundry, cleaning, and meals cooked just like at home. This is made possible by the collaboration of the Maligaya Institute for Culinary Arts and Residential Services.
Tahilan is a project of the Philippine Foundation for Cultural and Educational Development, Inc., a non-stock, non-profit organization promoting education and Christian ideals. The doctrinal and spiritual activities are entrusted to Opus Dei, a Personal Prelature of the Catholic Church, which helps people strive for holiness in ordinary everyday life.
HOW MUCH IS THE FEE?
The monthly rate for AY 2017-2018 is Php 18,800 for rooms for one person and Php 15,400 for rooms for three. This includes board and lodging, daily meals, weekly laundry, water & electrical consumption, wifi internet access, and provision of towels and bed linen. Airconditioning bill is based on meter reading.
HOW IS THE APPLICATION PROCESS?
For online application, please secure the following and click the “APPLY” button and fill out the form
- Scanned copy of Letter of Acceptance from University
- Scanned copy of High School Transcript of Record
- Scanned copy of 2 sealed reference forms from school authorities who know the applicant
- Scanned copy of Medical history from the doctor
- Soft Copy of ID Picture
1) Obtain a copy of the Application Form and the Reference Forms (available at www.tahilan.org)
2) Gather the following requirements:
- Two passport size pictures
- Letter of Acceptance from the University
- High School Transcript of Records/ College True Copy of Grades for the Past Terms
- Two sealed Reference Forms from school authorities that know the applicant.
- Medical history from the family doctor and Lab results of the following tests: CBC, Urinalysis, Fecalysis & X-Ray
3) Set an appointment with the Management Staff of Tahilan. We require that the applicant and a parent (or both) come for a personal interview
4) Come on the day of the interview with the above requirements. Pay the P100 application fee.
5) Upon deliberation of the Management Staff, you will be informed if you have been accepted to the residence or not.